Options. They're supposed to be a blessing right? If that's true, why do they often bring so much stress? Sure, having the ability to make choices is valuable. But, having to actually decide? STRESSFUL.
You see, the problem with having options is that generally people who have options can get or have often gotten what they want. This means that they know it's possible to essentially finesse life. It's often not so much a matter of picking what you want, but picking how you want it. That's the hard part.
How is one supposed to choose?
- Listen to your mind. Follow your heart. Our minds are generally speaking very logical. They give us the ability to look at things from all sides of an issues. But, our heart knows what we really want. Rationalize however you want, but then go with what your heart tells you.
- Seek out the advice of those you love and who have your best interest at heart. But, take it with a grain of salt. People will always tell you to do what they want you to, even if they feel they are giving you an unbiased opinion. It's impossible to not be biased. The people you love have hopes and dreams for you. Those matter- but at the end of the day, it's your life.
- Flip a coin- before it lands you will know what you want to do.
- Rest in the knowledge that no matter what you choose, you will be doing the right thing especially if all of your options are good. There's no reason to stress out about only good things. Decide what you can live with, and then live with it. Make your decision with conviction.
- Most of all- do not settle. Don't pick the easy option. Nothing worth having is ever easy. Things that require work are almost always more worthwhile.
Be thankful. Options, as stressful as they can be, as a blessing. Most people are not fortunate enough to have things to choose from. Privilege comes in may forms- options being one of them.
May your choices be endless.
May you choose well.