Starting or even keeping up with meal prep in the winter can be hard. From being tempted to order in and not grocery shop to stay out of the cold to not having any winter food inspiration, maintaining a meal prep routine during wintertime is no small feat. I’ve found that keeping food simple yet tasty is the easiest way to keep up with your routine. Simple meals help you get in and out of the grocery store (and can be easier to buy in bulk for). They can also help you keep cook time short and your wallet happy. Here’s a simple recipe that can be eaten warm or cold and is quick yet delicious. Enjoy!
Quick and easy taco salad recipe! Click To Tweet
Cook Time: ~15 minutes
Total Cost: ~$10
Cost per Serving: ~$2/serving
Non-stick cooking spray
1/4 red onion
1/2 lb ground beef
30 oz (2 cans) whole kernel sweet corn
10 oz (1 can) diced tomatoes & green chilies
15.5 oz (1 can) black beans
0.625 oz (1/2 pack) taco mix
Salt to taste
Wonton or tortilla strips (optional)
Olive oil (optional)
- Spray a heated skillet with non-stick cooking oil and cook the onions until they begin to brown, for about two minutes.
- Add beef to the skillet cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain the fat and return to pan once done.
- Add 1/2 pack of taco mix to the skillet along with 1/2 cup of water and mix until the majority of the water has evaporated. Turn off stove heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add corn, tomatoes, green chilies and black beans. Add the seasoned ground beef to the bowl. Mix.
- Optional: Add salt to taste.
- After mixing, serve with wonton or tortilla chips. Enjoy!