Today we're going to throw it back to Barcelona, Spain where the temperature was warm, food had seasoning, and there was no snow in sight (even through spring is hopefully here to stay in Ithaca).
Barcelona was probably one of the places I was most looking forward to going during my time abroad and it was sure not to disappoint. The city is so vibrant, easy to navigate, and full of things to do and see. Plus, I had never been to Spain before and y'all know how I feel about new passport stamps. Jakira and I set out for Barcaaaaa late into our term abroad and truly saved the best for last. Our days were spent wandering around the city, viewing La Sagrada Familia, eating tapas and paella, exploring huge flea markets, soaking up the sun, and eating lots of pan (bread). Barcelona is absolutely one of my favorite places and I'll have to be sure and spend some extended time in the city later on in life. Maybe I'll teach English in Spain or something, wouldn't that be a treat?!
Barcelona must do's:
- Go to the Arc de Triomph
- Eat paella, tapas, and lots of bread
- Visit EVERYTHING Gaudi (La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, etc.)
- Go to the clubbb (Opium was cool)
- Go to the beach if it's warm enough (sadly it wasn't when we were there)
- Wander down Las Ramblas and off into the corresponding neighborhoods (avoid the men that ask if you want to smoke weed though)
- Visit the flea market
- Go to an art museum (Spanish art is amazing and if I remember correctly Barcelona museums house a few Picasso's)